Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Need help! Crappy car!

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2015, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! Crappy car!

Hey everyone so today my traction control light came on and now it says engine power reduced. I am very worried about this, I have not taken this to anyone yet or anything. However this car has given me so much crap this past year. The day after I bought it the brakes failed on me and I swerved into a wall. The dealership I got it from told me to eff off... They were a Honda dealership and they said "you bought a Chevy, were a Honda dealership sorry Chevy sucks" so now no one will believe me I am pissed but calm if that makes sense? I am just trying to get it fixed. Then a few months later a recall came out for all the stuff that happened ... Oh wait I really wasn't lying huh now with this proof in hand I bring it to the dealership, well now they said if I had that within 15 days they could have helped me...... So now they are trying to bs me... I talk to Chevy, they brush me off saying that it's been to long that I am screwed. So now I am stuck with this crappy impala and no one will help me or work with me.
Old April 11th, 2015, 11:19 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

What year is the car? Did you buy it ASIS or did it have a warranty? Recalls do not last only 15 days. Call Chevrolet customer service at (866) 421-5866, maybe they nwill help.
Old April 11th, 2015, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

I will try , but they told me the lemon policy but they didn't wanna give me a warranty or offer it, they said that "I don't have money " I will give them a call but Earnhardt Honda refuses to work with me, they even still have to fix my glove box it's been a year and they won't fix it ...
Old April 11th, 2015, 2:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what year is the car? I would assume someone had to inspect the car before it could be registered safe for the road; who did the inspection? What was the recall you are referring to?
Old April 11th, 2015, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

It's a 2010. Earnhardt Honda did the inspection . The recall was for the ignition putting the vehicle in a standby mode where it would cause they vehicle to go into a standby mode where it pretty much shuts off the car. I don't know how else to convince them. My next step is to get lawyers involved sadly
Old April 11th, 2015, 7:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the recall is for unintended ignition key rotation. the key, if loaded with added weight can turn off if jarred.

IMO, from a vehicle inspection stand point that Honda did...all items passed. Without knowing about the recall, there is no way a mechanic could detect this fault. You would have to prove they knew about the recall and sold it without having it performed.
You will have to get a lawyer to prove your case if you want either Honda or gm to cover the cost of your repair. Probably cheaper to just fix the car.

if you have collision coverage, let them fix it. the autobody shop will repair your power reduce issue at the same time.

if you are here to fix the traction control/power reduced issue yourself; you will have to get the powertrain faults read with a scan tool. Post them here. I can walk you through the diagnostic steps.