Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Need help with Passlock System

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Passlock System

[align=center]I have a 2001 and here resentlymy car would not start and the"security" light comes on and blinks. Then after 10 minsI would be able to start it right up.[/align][align=center]I read alittle about the passlock and just thought it was a screw up in the computer. Today I went and got two new keys thinking maybe thecar needed to read a newerkey but the car started rightaway without programing, with those. So now I have no idea what else to check out.[/align][align=center]My question is what can I do or change to make this go away? I am usally pretty good with my Chevy's but this is a new problem that I dont understand.[/align][align=center]The car dealership wants to charge me 2 arm, 2 legs, and my 1 born![/align][align=center]Thanks so much!! [/align][align=center]Christina [sm=hail.gif][/align]
Old June 3rd, 2007, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with Passlock System

reply from paraplegic with same car no start problem ,Take to dealer, (see my earlier reply, to another poster,, this baord)
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need help with Passlock System

I had the exact same problem. I read about people spending up to $1200 and it not being fixed. I
installed a remote starter, they have a built in passlock bypass system. No problems at all when using
the remote start.