Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New key FOB and now trunk mysterious pops open

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2016, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New key FOB and now trunk mysterious pops open

I recently bought a 2005 Impala without a key FOB. Not an issue because I can easily get want from Amazon and I did. I followed the manual programming instructions and all was well. Except now my trunk lid pops open while I'm driving. It's an after market key FOB sold on Amazon and has high reviews. Are they any known issues on this problem and/or any ideas what to check for.

Thanks for any suggestions or comments.
Old August 10th, 2016, 8:57 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 and don't have problems with mine but I have read of others having problems, but being other peoples problems I don't remember if it was gen 7, 8 or even 9 (kind of a problem with this website, the Impala forum covers every year). My understanding though is that this is a random issue that occurs anytime except when driving such as keys in the pocket or a purse. There is a programming change that can be done so just a quick press of the button doesn't pop the trunk, you have to hold the button for a couple seconds. Are you sure it isn't "popping" before you start to drive and maybe it is the driving down the road that just bounces it open since it is already unlocked? On mine when I use the remote to pop it the only way to know it is open is to actually lift it myself.