Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

New member, new 2016 Impala LTZ

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, new 2016 Impala LTZ

Hello all,
Name's John and I just picked up a new 2016 Impala LTZ last Thursday, every bell and whistle including Adaptive Cruise. It's the Blue Velvet with the Jet Black Mojave interior and 20" wheels(Did not want these but you have to get them with the adaptive cruise).
I had rented an LTZ for two weeks after totaling my Optima and loved it, so's why I ordered this one. A couple of things that are odd to me and different than the rental, so I thought I would ask here before making an a** of myself at the dealership. According to the vehicle specs, the car should have an SD card slot. The one I rented did, but mine doesn't. Inside the console are the two USB slots but no card slot above. I do have the Bose Centerpoint sound system. Another thing, I think the factory installed the wrong console trim. The one that I rented, had a fake gray "modern" wood grain design on the power window switches, and the console trim around the gear shift and console front storage cover. I noticed in the brochure they gave me which has my exact car on the cover and inside, that the Jet Black/Mojave interior has a gray "burl" design. My car has the burl design on the power window switches, the trim on the door above the ambient lighting strips and the swoopy things on the top of the dash but the console trim is plain.old.gray. It matches the gray stripe that goes across the front of the dash above the ambient lighting which was the same in the rental. Does anyone else have an LTZ with this interior package and if so, is your console trim plain metallic gray or does it have a pattern to it?
I've attached a couple of pictures, one of the console trim and one of the burl design on the rest of the trim.

Other than that I love the car. We picked it up on Thursday and departed Friday morning for N. Texas, driving the backroads. The car drives beautifully. We were going to buy the Buick LaCrosse but glad we bought this instead.
Thanks everyone,
John Winn in Bastrop Tx.
Attached Thumbnails New member, new 2016 Impala LTZ-20160411_102713_resized.jpg   New member, new 2016 Impala LTZ-20160411_102731_resized.jpg  
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:30 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi John Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Impala. I'm sure you will enjoy it! I have a 2014 so it it not the same as yours, but I'm sure that other will soon chime in.
Old September 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jon,
I just picked up a 2016 LTZ 2LT myself, yesterday and I love my ambient lighting with the woodgrain effect that you have, in addition to the 2-tone black/tan interior. I wish it was the lighting was GREEN! I'd like to know if anyone has been able to change it? I'm a Green Bay fan, so blue makes me think of the Bears and I can't stand it. LOL

Has anyone else looked into this ambient option?