Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

No Brakes, E-brake light on, No trac light on, 2005 Impala

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2016, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Brakes, E-brake light on, No trac light on, 2005 Impala

Where are the common spots that brake fluid will leak from under the hood. My daughter called me and told me that she has low brake fluid warning light on and trac-off light indicator on. She had to pump the brake pedal to stop and that smoke was coming from under the hood.

I am not close enough to troubleshoot it for a few days but hoping I can get a few ideas from this forum.

Thanks for your helpful ideas and suggestions.
Old August 11th, 2016, 9:02 PM
CF Active Member

Possibly at the ABS module where there are a number of rusted tubes coming out of it, and that's high enough up that as it drips it will hit some hot engine parts and make some smoke.

Confused about the e-brake light though, thought that only turns on when you have them engaged. Maybe it's the ABS light?
Old August 11th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the red brake warning light will come on when the e-brake is applied and/or when there is a fault with the service brakes.
Old August 12th, 2016, 6:45 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the replies. U.Nanimous- Problem is due to rusted brake line.