Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

No courtesy lamps

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2014, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No courtesy lamps

Good day everyone & thanks in advance for all the help you can provide...

I've recently bought an Impala '05 VIN code K police Package... safe to say it cost me a little to find out about the surveillance mode button and what it does jejeje.
It seems to work fine overall so i'm starting to focus on the little details... one of the many is that I have no courtesy lamps... no matter which of the four doors i open, no lights come on. I'm sure they work 'cuz the can be turned on (all of them: kick panel, map & dome lights) manually via the headlights switch aaand when any door gets open, the "DOOR AJAR" light comes on in the message center.

I've already checked all the fuses in both fuse blocks inside the car and none of them are fused, so... I'm kind of confused here.

Not sure if related but I also have no horn. For that I've also checked the fuse and relay in the fuse block inside the engine bay, both of them are fine. The horn itself also work 'cuz I've checked it manually and it do horn.

Another thing i found is this...

It's on the passenger side kick panel... Any thoughts
Old January 24th, 2014, 4:08 PM
CF Junior Member

That is most likely the connector that is used for the optional 6 Disc CD Changer. I had a 01 Impala and I had to hook up to that connector when I added a 6 disc changer in the trunk. As for the courtesy lamps, could it be they are disabled because of the Police Package ? Police may not want them to come on when the doors are opened.
Old January 24th, 2014, 5:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you thought about ordering a factory service manual?

I'd assume the police package descriptions would be in there also. Lots of electrical diagrams.
Old January 24th, 2014, 6:09 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I am not familiar with the Impala, but as blue-impala said it could be a BCM function that is turned off, and would need a programmer to turn back on...
HOWEVER, if you have a driver information center DIC option/function they could be turned off that way... Check your owners manual, If you don't have one they can be found here -> http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manu...let-Impala.pdf
Old January 29th, 2014, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

So... might it be then that the severed harness was supposed to be connectted to the stereo?!
Cu'z actually i forgot to mention something, well, i just didn't believe they could be related, but the front right speakers has no sound... It kind of makes sense now with what Blue-impala said!
I dont't have a DIC... though i have the option to personalize some features via the stereo unit, I don't see any related with the courtesy lamps.

As for the service manual... I was thinking more on a Haynes.
Any thoughs on the faulty horn?!

Last edited by stargate_k; January 29th, 2014 at 9:41 AM.
Old February 1st, 2014, 1:53 AM
CF Beginner

I've solved the problem!!

I aply the fix Shawnvw mentioned o this thread https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...-impala-17698/.
It flawlesly worked for me! I now have courtesy lamps!!!

Still struggling with no horn tho...