Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

No crank 2006 impala

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2016, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No crank 2006 impala

New battery & starter, same problem, starter clicks once, all pos $ neg connection appear clean and tight.indicator lights on dash do NOT light, after several attempts they light and I hear 1click in crank position. I also hear a clicking it middle of the dash this comes and goes, I'm suspecting a faulty ignition switch and or pass lock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 13th, 2016, 11:22 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Has any other work been done on the car? I've seen bad grounds cause some really strange problems.
Old September 13th, 2016, 2:37 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by rjrick
New battery & starter, same problem, starter clicks once, all pos $ neg connection appear clean and tight.indicator lights on dash do NOT light, after several attempts they light and I hear 1click in crank position. I also hear a clicking it middle of the dash this comes and goes, I'm suspecting a faulty ignition switch and or pass lock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'd go with that based on the dash light issue.
Old September 15th, 2016, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start

Originally Posted by Frank3
Welcome to the forum. Has any other work been done on the car? I've seen bad grounds cause some really strange problems.
Thanks for the suggestion, I've seen that too. I found the blend door actuators behind the glove box to be the cause. They continue to run draining the battery, I suspect that heater control is faulty. After fully charging the new battery, performing pass lock reset and unplugging the actuators the car is running now.