Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

no onstar no bluetooth and no xm

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2012, 3:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> impala_buyer,

Hello, my name is Louis. I will be taking over this forum for Michelle. I would be happy to assist you with this matter. Please email me your VIN number to louis_henry@gmexpert.com. I just want to clarify, the issue you are having is your XM is not working, but the OnStar is? Please provide a detailed description of your problem in the email.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a 2007 Silverado yesterday (3/30/2012) and I cannot access XM although I still have a subscription from the Hummer H3 and wanted to transfer it over to the Silverado I traded in on.
If I give you my VIN# can you see if I have XM???

When I press the band button it switches between AM/FM but no XM. When I press the Cat button it displays XM feature only..

Thank you,
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

I just purchased a 2007 Silverado yesterday (3/30/2012) and I cannot access XM although I still have a subscription from the Hummer H3 and wanted to transfer it over to the Silverado I traded in on.
If I give you my VIN# can you see if I have XM???

When I press the band button it switches between AM/FM but no XM. When I press the Cat button it displays XM feature only
Old April 2nd, 2012, 8:17 AM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> bigdawgs2011,

Yes, please PM me your VIN number and I can see if XM is available on your vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 2nd, 2012, 9:53 AM
CF Beginner

So what's the scoop on these in general?

If we have XM delete and Onstar delete, our options are to enjoy free commercials, or to install and aftermarket reciever with Sat. capability?
Old April 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Official GM Rep

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> BigLew55,

If the vehicle has had the XM or OnStar options deleted, they most likely were not wired for those options. Please contact your dealer for additional information for having these options installed. You may also take aftermarket alternatives into consideration.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 2nd, 2012, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
If the vehicle has had the XM or OnStar options deleted, they most likely were not wired for those options.
That's what I figured. I have already priced a "kit" from GM and an aftermarket system that would include Bluetooth, USB, DVD, Sirius, and it was a no brainer. What I was holding out for was buying a "pull-out" from ebay or salvage yard.

Thanks again for your help as I feel out my new truck, Louis! You have been very generous with your time and information.

Lew
Old April 9th, 2012, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> @y2kpa2, if you would like to provide me with your VIN, I would be happy to research your build history of your vehicle. By me doing this, it could possibly tell us when you don't have bluetooth, XM radio and no OnStar.

Michelle, GM Customer Service
to Michell @GM,
I also have the same bluetooth concerns (bought a fleet vehicle).
Can you post your email so I can send you my VIN also? Or possibly recommend where to start to see if I can have bluetooth enable or installed?
Thank you
Old April 9th, 2012, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Musaka is rising.
Old April 9th, 2012, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gina M Vines
to Michell @GM,
I also have the same bluetooth concerns (bought a fleet vehicle).
Can you post your email so I can send you my VIN also? Or possibly recommend where to start to see if I can have bluetooth enable or installed?
Thank you
Gina,

Louis has been most helpful to me after my recent used truck purchase. He is currently online. Give him a try.

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: no onstar no bluetooth and no xm