Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2006, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Question

Ok i got the basic freakin cassette tape w/o CD player in my impala, can i get a aftermarket stereo and it not interfere with all the alarm and and oil change thing settings, or do i need to get one of the factory ones that already has the Cd player on it and get is programmed, can someone tell me what i can do, because i am kinda tired of used a tape thing for my CD player, it just bumps down the quality of the music....
thanks
Old September 27th, 2006, 12:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Radio Question

i was told in my 02 that i had to buy the factory sterio for all the chimes and stuff to work....so i did but i dont know if you can get an adapter or anything to make it work the same.
Old October 11th, 2006, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Radio Question

the factory cd deck is not bad but theres an issue with it....if you wish to play mp3's then you'd have to use the tape deck and for some reason it doesnt like tape adapters too much (seen this problem on other chevys with the same deck)