Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Impala
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Default OnStar battery replacement

I just made an appointment with the dealer to replace an OnStar battery because the OnStar diagnostics indicated the battery was dead. The car runs fine, no problems. It's a 2007 Chevy Impala with only 14,400 miles on it. The warranty ran out in May, but I'm going to argue to have it covered under warranty because of the low mileage. As a 68 year old woman, I'm wondering what exactly is involved in replacing an OnStar battery. Is this a major job? The service department manager said on the phone they'd have to run diagnostics on it, that they don't have the OnStar batteries in stock and would have to order it, and left me wondering what to expect when I go to the appointment. If this is a major thing, maybe I should just cancel the OnStar.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Write them blank check or cancel. Sounds like they want to charge your for a diagnostics test. Service with Onstar should include a free battery just like satellite TV gives your an free antenna. Don't have On star and didn't know there was a battery needed. What is wrong with a cell phone? Read my take on deceptive warranties in general discussion.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:13 AM

Tags
07, 2007, battery, chevy, expensive, ignition, impala, key, located, location, onstar, replacement, replacing, warranty, wont