Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Where is the oil filter? 2007 Impala LT

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2008, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the oil filter? 2007 Impala LT

Help! The only thing that has stalled my husband from doing an oil change on my car, is he cannot find the oil filter! Please advise? Thanks in advance!
Old April 27th, 2008, 6:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Where is the oil filter? 2007 Impala LT

I had the same issue with my 2006 Monte Carlo, so while I can't give you a direct answer, I can speculate that the oil filter is hidden from sight like our car. I also had to go online to get an answer.

I was told that it hangs straight down on the passenger side of the transmission pan. Sure enough I felt around for anything that was round like a filter and found it only by feel.

If your husband doesn't jack up the car he will never be able to see the filter if it is like ours. Years ago I owned a Bel-Aire Chevy and it too was on the bottom of the engine (in a canister, no less!).

Hope this helps unless someone has more direct knowledge. Better yet, just call the service department of any Chevy dealer and they will advise where to find the filter. Calling the service department goes for many other things as well and can come in very handy as a knowledge resource for repair or maintenance.
Old April 28th, 2008, 11:13 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you! He did find a site where there was detail as to the location, and sure enough when he was able to get underneath the car, he found it! Oil change was doneyesterday, woo hooo! Thanks again!
Old April 28th, 2008, 4:02 PM
CF Junior Member

No problemo,

I rarely visit this site just to read, but happened on your plea and thought in some way my advice might kickstart an idea for your husband. Getting under the car is a feat these days, unless you roll the car over a gulley, ditch or use ramps. Now, try changing antifreeze someday! Without being able to reach the drain on the radiator, it is a challenge. Read my experience in the general tech. category of this site.

---stickershock