Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

04 chevy impala winshield wipers not working

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 chevy impala winshield wipers not working

my windshield wipers to a 04 chevy impala are currently not working.

checked the fuse over the weekend, it was severed/burnt out. replaced it with the 25amp fuse and now the water jets that spray out of the wipers work but the wipers themselves do not move at all.

can anyone tell me wat the problem may be at hand now. this is my first car given to me and im trying to get more into diy/maintenance oriented checks. all future help/info is much appreciated.
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 1nt3ns1ty
my windshield wipers to a 04 chevy impala are currently not working.

checked the fuse over the weekend, it was severed/burnt out. replaced it with the 25amp fuse and now the water jets that spray out of the wipers work but the wipers themselves do not move at all.

can anyone tell me wat the problem may be at hand now. this is my first car given to me and im trying to get more into diy/maintenance oriented checks. all future help/info is much appreciated.
That sounds like the motor is burned out. You can turn the wipers to on with ignition switch on, feel if the motor is getting hot or humming ecetra. Or if you have a voltmeter (best method) pop the plug and see if it has voltage going to it.
Old October 24th, 2011, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

if u dont mind running me thru a list of "how to" or providing me with a link, how do u get to the wiper motor? thx so much for the fast reply.
Old October 24th, 2011, 1:18 PM
CF Monarch

I can't help you with that particular model as I don't know. I would think it would be on the firewall.
Old October 24th, 2011, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

on other cars i can see it jst fine where the wiper motor is located. on my car im guessing its under the cowl/panel with the vents in it on the driver side. i will definitely get back to u with info once i take the area apart and see wats up. thx soo much for the help.
Old October 24th, 2011, 2:24 PM
CF Monarch

I looked on you tube, nothing for your model. You are probably correct underneath that panel. I found a Saturn, had to pull the dash panel. A Montana van, it was underneath the hood but also under a panel.
Old November 21st, 2011, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

i fixed the motor by replacing it. it is under the cowl on the driver side, which is held in by the windshield wiper nuts (13mm), 1 screw tab and 3 plunger tabs if that is what they're known as. the motor assembly is held in by 3 t25 screws and 1 t27 screw. my wipers work for the most part. just need to fix the parking issue where they rest on the allotted space for them when not in use. back to working on the rx7 for now while my DD is drive-able through the rain season. thanks again for all your help mate.

Last edited by 1nt3ns1ty; November 21st, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old November 21st, 2011, 1:07 PM
CF Monarch

When you replaced the motor where the wipers "parked?"