Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

'09 Impala LT... half AC not working right?!?

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 Impala LT... half AC not working right?!?

This makes no sense to me, but my fiancee has a 2009 Chevy Imapal LT. It's blisteringly hot here in the Texas sun, and we need as much cooling as possible. Here's the thing...

The two driver's side vents are blowing warm/kinda cool air, while the passenger side is blowing very cool air. Do any of you know what could have caused this and how this can be remedied? I haven't seen anything on the internet about it yet and have looked back 10 pages. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks in advance!
Bennyscrap
Old June 3rd, 2011, 3:22 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Bennyscrap,

I am sorry to hear that your fiancé is experiencing this issue. Do you know if they have spoken with their local dealership about this issue? Please keep me updated.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old June 3rd, 2011, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Elizabeth,

No we haven't sought the help of our local dealership yet. Unfortunately, we don't have the money to spend on taking it to our local dealership to get it fixed. I think we were just wanting to see if anyone on these forums had experienced the same problems and could help us figure out what could be causing it.

Her vehicle has two temperature switches. It's my belief that the switch on the left is not functioning properly, perhaps a lose connection of sorts. It's kind of an odd way to make two different temperature settings, but whatever. Anyone with any ideas?

TIA,
Bennyscrap