Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Power Locks/Security Light

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2013, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Locks/Security Light

Have an on/off again problem where my security light will come on while I drive. I shut the car off, it stays off for awhile. Last Sunday, I went to leave, and when I turned the key, Nothing. Lights, Radio (After market), and everything else came on, but not even an attempt to turn over. The security light would flash 3 times if I left it in the ON position.

I played with it for 5 minutes, and since I couldn't get it, I left in my gfs car instead. I came home, thought maybe a jump may help, so as I played with it, it turned itself over, and worked, no problems and hasn't been an issue since.

However, with that said, if I ever so slowly turn the key, somewhere between the On/Acc everything cuts itself off, as if I removed the key/shut the car off. This says the ignition switch has a short to me and needs to be replaced. Is this a fair guess, or should I just start questioning if it's the BCM or not?

Next comes the power locks issue. It has an aftermarket alarm on it, with the power locks synced to it. (Viper). Everything worked pretty good until earlier this year, where I can't unlock any of the doors with the remote OR with the interior switches other than the drivers. My mechanic hooked it up to his little device one day and he can trigger the locks, and you can hear them, but they just don't unlock. I can only assume the ignition switch and this are 100% unrelated, as in my head, they shouldn't be. I've checked the fuse for the locks (drivers side panel) and they're good. I only half looked at the passenger panel, but it was dark out and I didn't get to see if there's actually any other lock fuses on that side. Any help, greatly appreciated.