Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Problem with turn signals...

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2006, 4:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with turn signals...

I have a 2000 Impala that has an odd problem. When I first start the car, the turn signals work fine. But about 5 minutes after starting the car, the only way to make the signals work is to first turn on the hazard lights, and then cancel them while starting to signal. Any ideas would be very helpful and appreciated.
Old October 9th, 2006, 6:20 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Problem with turn signals...

Welcome to the Forum. You might Change the flasher, It's in the fuse box.
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:42 PM
CF Beginner

I just went through this same problem with my 2000 LS. I found the solution in another forum that solved the problem. Seems the switch assembly for the hazard flasher contains a bad solder joint that is prone to going bad (GM linked certain turn signal functions in the hazard switch). Mine took seven years to fail and short in and out.

The part number on my invoice is 000010359031. Cost me $66.63 with tax from the dealer but is available in the low $40s from some Web part stores. I found another Web site (can't remember URL) to get instructions on removing the dash panel to replace the switch. Taking my time not to break the clips on the panel it took me less than 30 minutes to replace. Signals have been bullet-proof for the last month. Only difference is the turn signal indicator audible sound is much softer than the old switch.
Old August 26th, 2007, 2:52 PM
CF Junior Member

I have a 2000 Impala and im having the same issues and getting worse. When I put on the turn signal it will go at normal speed then increase and then just going crazy. Sounds like am electrical short when it starts to go fast. Then it freezes and just stays on. Now sometimes when I hit the turn signal, NOTHING, Zilche. I then noticed when I hit my flasher button just a bit the turn signals will start to work again.

So, is it the turn signal fuse or that thing in the flasher?
Old February 14th, 2012, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

im also having a problem with my '05 impala but just the right turn signal. left turn signal works just fine. hazards work just fine. it started workin out fine then started flashin fast and the front bulb wasnt flashing and the rear is goin crazy fast and thats where it is now. i thought it was the hazard switch so i replaced it and that didnt fix it. could it be the turn signal switch itself? when i turn it left only half way it does the exact same as turning it right does all the way full.
Old February 14th, 2012, 5:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Steve Sims,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem with your Impala. I have researched this issue; however have been unable to find any known turn signal issues for 2005 Impala vehicles within my resources.

It is possible the turn signal switch is the problem; however, I would encourage you to take the vehicle in to be inspected by a certified technician. They should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis after a physical inspection.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 23rd, 2012, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

I am currently having the same problem with my 2000 Impala LS. I was told that it is my hazard switch itself.