Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Pulling behind my motorhome

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2016, 6:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling behind my motorhome

I have a 2006 Impala that I pull behind my motorhome. I've installed the Remco transmission pump to ensure I don't burn it up.
My only issue is, I have to turn the key to the Acc position so the steering wheel is unlocked. In doing so my battery runs down if I drive more than about 1.5 hrs or so without stopping and cranking up the car.
Can anyone tell which fuse in the fuse box I can pull to turn off the dash electronics? This would stop the drain on the battery so it wouldn't run down.

Thanks much,
Rick

This is a great site
Old February 7th, 2016, 7:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I assume you running signal/brake lights from the rv to the car.

Look in the owners manual for the ipc fuse. you'll have to pull more than just a cluster fuse to shut down all the draw

You have a lot of other options
if you have top post battery; one option is to install a battery isolator. its cheap, easy, fast and you can do it yourself for $10.
Top Post Battery Master Cut-Off Switch | Princess Auto

the rv 7pin plug connector as a 12v constant power feed that can be used to change the car battery.
Old February 7th, 2016, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct, signal/brake lights are from the rv to the car.
As for as the 7pin plug connector as a 12v constant power, what would I just run a single wire from the connector to the + side of the car battery? If that's all I would need to do to keep the battery charged I'll go that route.