Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Question on 2014 2LTZ door mirrors

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2014, 9:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Question on 2014 2LTZ door mirrors

This past weekend while running errands to fix some stuff up on the house, my wife and I took the Impala to an Aubuchon hardware store. As I was getting out of the passenger side of the car, I noticed an open bolt hole with no bolt in it. This is on the interior side of the door at the leading edge of the door near the back side of the mirror as if there was supposed to be something there to hold the leading edge of the mirror on. I immediately looked at the same spot on the drivers door as my wife was opening it and there was a screw in that position. Anyone out there with a 2LTZ, can you look and see if there is a screw in both doors at the leading edge behind the mirror? Is this supposed to be this way from the factory with no screw on the passenger door or was mine forgotten in the factory?
Old March 24th, 2014, 8:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank3
This past weekend while running errands to fix some stuff up on the house, my wife and I took the Impala to an Aubuchon hardware store. As I was getting out of the passenger side of the car, I noticed an open bolt hole with no bolt in it. This is on the interior side of the door at the leading edge of the door near the back side of the mirror as if there was supposed to be something there to hold the leading edge of the mirror on. I immediately looked at the same spot on the drivers door as my wife was opening it and there was a screw in that position. Anyone out there with a 2LTZ, can you look and see if there is a screw in both doors at the leading edge behind the mirror? Is this supposed to be this way from the factory with no screw on the passenger door or was mine forgotten in the factory?
This phillips screw?

I attached photos of mine!
Attached Thumbnails Question on 2014 2LTZ door mirrors-door-driver.jpg   Question on 2014 2LTZ door mirrors-door-passenger.jpg  
Old March 24th, 2014, 8:18 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sledge.impy, that's it! Thanks! I see you have both. Well, when I go back for my next visit to the dealer, I'll have them attend to this as well. All I need to to do is wait for the parts to come in.