Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Remote Start, No Heat

Old October 11th, 2007, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start, No Heat

I have an 06 LT3. It was my understanding when I used the remote start feature the car would automatically heat or cool itself depending on outside temperature. I have used it in both warm and cold weather and it seems it doesn't actually start to heat or cool until I get in the car and put the key in. Am I wrong thinking this? It was also supposed to override the temp controls, for example if it was warm at night when you turned the car off and had the AC on it would kick the heater on in the morning if it was cold.
Old October 11th, 2007, 8:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Remote Start, No Heat

it is supposed to work that way, but i think it has to be pretty cold before it will actually turn the heat on. i have an 06 Monte Carlo LT3 and the heat comes on somewhere around 40*F. also make sure the coolant level is full, i had a problem with mine being just a little low and the heat wouldn't work at all until i revved it up to 1500 RPM
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM
CF Junior Member

I have a 07 SS Impala and when I remote start it weather hot or cold when I get in the car seems like just the blower is on until I turn the key to on then the heat or A/C comes on same with yours?
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

That's exactly what mine does.
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:56 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mine blows hot...well warm or cool air depending on outside air, by no meens is it HOT, or COLD, but it does know enough to at least clear the frost off the windshield or turn the cool air on, it wont turn the AC on, just blows cool
Old October 12th, 2007, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

I believe it just runs the blower unless it's really hot or really cold. I've used the remote start in 90+ degree weather and it turned the AC on. So it atleast comes on at 90, not sure if it comes on any lower than that. I haven't had the car through really cold weather yet so I dunno how low it has to be to turn heat on. I've tried to use it in 45 degree weather and it just ran the blower. I'd imagine maybe 40 or below before it runs the heater.
Old October 12th, 2007, 2:13 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 20SS07

I believe it just runs the blower unless it's really hot or really cold. I've used the remote start in 90+ degree weather and it turned the AC on. So it atleast comes on at 90, not sure if it comes on any lower than that. I haven't had the car through really cold weather yet so I dunno how low it has to be to turn heat on. I've tried to use it in 45 degree weather and it just ran the blower. I'd imagine maybe 40 or below before it runs the heater.
LOL never gets 90 here although it does get to -45 in January and Feb, like I said mine is warm when I get in but not blowing HOT air, dont think it has ever turned the AC on for me in the summer but honestly never really paid much attention and only started a couple times in the summer...
Old November 9th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CF Beginner

Mine was low on coolant and topped it off and ac and heat work fine again even with remote start.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

I took my car in for service because it stopped blowing hot air while parked and they found the head gasket was starting to leak. It wasn't bad eough that liquid could leak out, but it was causing an air pocket which wouldn't allow hot air to come through. Once it was replaced my car blows HOT air while parked when using remote start. Apparently there is a service bulletin out becuase it is becoming a known issue. While my car was in the mechanic said he just received another that morning with the same problem. He says it seems to be with this type of engine. Mine's a 3.9 V6, might have yours checked out if you have the same problem as me.