Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 chevy Impala power window problem

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2009, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 chevy Impala power window problem

My passenger side power window just kind of fell down on it’s own, it does not go up but it makes a noise when i try so I don’t think it’s the switch. Do you think it could be the regulator and does that come with the motor? How does that door panel come off ? Thanx
Old July 2nd, 2009, 9:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you take the door panel off you should be able to see what is going on. First you need a Phillips screwdriver and remove the screw on the inside by the mirror, door handle, and the two by where you grab to close the door from the inside(these two are torx). After you take the two by the door grab closer area you will be able to pull that section out and then you will see two more(these two are torx). Take those out as well. Now you can put a couple regular screw drivers between the metal part of the inside of the door and the panel and start prying off. There are 6 or 8 white plastic push locks holding the panel on. It sounds like something is breaking but it is the noise of the locks being pulled out of the door. When you pull the panel out of the bottom and the sides you will need to slide it upwards about an inch to clear the window tabs. Now you will need to unhook the electrical to the window and door lock and your done. It’s pretty fresh in my mind because I just did this same thing yesterday. The window is held in between two guides on each side and who bolts on the bottom that can be removed using a 10mm socket. Hopefully this helps. Good luck!