Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Impala
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Replacing 2004 Tail Light

Here's a repair I'm doing to my daughter's 2004 Impala while visiting her. The passenger rear tail light (not the one on the trunk, but the fixed tail light) has a crack in it. I was able to buy a used replacement on eBay.

It looks like there are 5 connectors on the back. Is the access to the back of the tail light pretty straight forward? I know I've got to get to it from the trunk, but I'm hoping there won't be many obstacles in the way that also need removing.

I hope I'm not being paranoid, but a lot of times once you start opening things up, you find out you've gotten in over your head!

As usual, thanks for any advise or experience anyone can provide!
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 AM
CF Junior Member

its as simple as it looks. after removing the screws the whole lens comes off in one piece. then just remove the bulb assembly from the housing and install the new lens.
2001 impala, 3.4, 1.0dhp pcm, fenderwell intake w/k&n filter, 2.5" downpipe-exhaust w/flowmaster 40, 17" helo slick rims, LED tail lights/front turn signals, multi color led LS cluster/ hvac controls, impala embroidered floormats, 20% tint, aftermarket moonroof, turn signal mirrors
Old 11-02-2009, 08:34 AM
CF Beginner

Fantastic! Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Tags
04, 2004, cavalieer, cavalier, chevy, cover, impala, lens, light, lights, rear, remove, replace, rmove, tail, taillight, trunk