Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

seat auto memory recall positions

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2014, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat auto memory recall positions

I presently have 2 positions set. I am at Auto position 1. I am 6ft 2in set position 2 for wife, 4ft 8 in. She almost never drives the car but everytime I get out and turn it back on it reverts to her setting, again dealer says not possible to know why but it seems that it should go back to person who last drove car position. Any suggestions, I can't hardly get in when it defaults to this set up.
Old January 21st, 2014, 6:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heg3
I presently have 2 positions set. I am at Auto position 1. I am 6ft 2in set position 2 for wife, 4ft 8 in. She almost never drives the car but everytime I get out and turn it back on it reverts to her setting, again dealer says not possible to know why but it seems that it should go back to person who last drove car position. Any suggestions, I can't hardly get in when it defaults to this set up.
2014?

Hmm...What if you set you as #2 and her as #1?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:13 PM
CF Veteran

Question

Are you using the right FOB #?

Old January 23rd, 2014, 6:55 PM
CF Beginner

It sounds like whatever FOB you have is what is recalling the seat position.
I'll try switching the FOB.

Thanks
Buzz
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:24 PM
CF Veteran

It sounds like whatever FOB you have is what is recalling the seat position.
I'll try switching the FOB.

Thanks
Buzz
Well, what did you find out?
Old April 3rd, 2014, 1:03 AM
CF Junior Member

I'm curious to know as well.
They (dealership) have been working on my seat and stuff, due to one of the buttons for moving it not working. After every time they would look at it or try a new switch or part or memory module, it would revert to no driver settings for one or two or exit and I would have to reprogram them. Since Friday when they took a look at it and tried a part out, it will only auto recall driver two, which is the button for my wife. I haven't tried swapping one and two yet but have gone in and turned auto recall off or changed it between 'door opens' and 'car starts.' No dice though. I brought it up today when they were doing some work but it took them almost the entire day to get the seat working right so they didn't get to it. I don't think I have mixed up any key fobs; I have been using the same one that my wife handed me upon arriving in the country two Fridays back and it was auto recalling my positioning just fine if I had been the last person driving it.
Pretty strange...
Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am having similar problems with my Impala. When the car is running and in Park, you are supposed to be able to tap the other memory setting and release and the seat will travel to that position. If the car is not in Park or on retained accessory power (if I read it right) you have to hold the memory button in until it reaches the other position. On my Impala, operation with the button is sketchy at best. withe car running in Park, you still have to hold the button in to reach the other position. If you push and release, the seat will start to travel to the new position but stop as soon as your finger is off of it. Has similar results trying to save the setting as we would only occasionally get the feedback beep that the setting was saved. The personalization to associate the memory seat position with the FOB was initially turned off in the configuration. I turned it on to see if it allows us to avoid having to use those buttons that have a mind of their own. Only question i have, is if BOTH my wife and I are in the car and we each have our FOBs will the system be able to detect who is in the drivers seat? BTW - I've already been to the dealer with this. Aside from explaining the behavior 3-4 times, and them telling me it appears normal. The only thing they have done is managed to erase the seat position it took so long to painstakingly to set JUST SO.
Old April 5th, 2014, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

The only thing I have been able to determine is that my car CANNOT tell the difference between fob 1 and 2. I marked them the day I brought my car home. Regardless of which key I had on me when I programmed the seats it always reverted to setting 2. All I did was turn off the auto entry seat position. If I open the car door and can't sit in the seat I just hit the power button once then hold down seat setting one till I can get in the seat. Press the brake, push start, wait for the guage self test to finish then press 1 on the seat and it sets to my position. BTW I am 5' 9", and my wife is 5' even so I feel you.

Quick afterthought, to be able to tap the seat button and have the seat go completely to it's setting your foot should be firmly on the brake pedal, at least that's how mine works.

Last edited by SgtChow; April 5th, 2014 at 6:36 PM.
Old April 5th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey guys,

Please let me know if you would like for us to look into any concerns for you. We will be glad to help out. Please send a private message referencing this thread if any extra assistance is needed. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 7th, 2014, 10:20 AM
CF Junior Member

My wife's fob is the driver one profile and the one I was using is set for driver two. Not sure how that happened, because when she picked me up from the airport she gave me a keyring holding the fob, apartment key, and only mail key and we haven't swapped that fob off of the ring. It also worked for a week and a half or something. And I have been the only one driving it.
We ended up trading fobs though, so I am good now.

Quick Reply: seat auto memory recall positions