Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Service Rear Video System Error -2014 Impala

Old April 3rd, 2014, 8:33 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Service Rear Video System Error -2014 Impala

I was using the Impala all day today with no problems. I finally arrived home after work and whar backing into my parking spot when I heard a beep and saw the message "Service Rear Video System" displayed on the center console. I called Onstar to see if there were any error codes but all they could tell me was there were no codes reported and unless the error originated in the powertrain, ABS air bags or some other systems it would not be reported. Has anyone seen this error message reported?
Old April 3rd, 2014, 8:56 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Google showed this:

Need help with "Service Rear Vision System" error

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=12850.0

Last edited by sledge.impy; April 3rd, 2014 at 9:01 PM. Reason: more links
Old April 4th, 2014, 6:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Thanks sledge.impy. It's working today, but I'm sure it will be back. Next time I visit the dealer I'll add it to the list for them to check out.
Old April 5th, 2014, 7:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Frank3,

I’m sorry to hear of this concern with your vehicle. I cannot guarantee anything, but I will be glad to look further into this for you. If I can be of any extra assistance please send a PM with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 27th, 2014, 5:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did this on my way to work this morning. After backing out of my driveway (the monitor was working fine). As soon as I put it into drive, I received the message and can't get rid of it. Try driving 70 mph on the highway and navigate the radio using the driver information center and steering wheel controls instead of the my link screen. Big pain in the neck.
Once I parked the car. I shut it all down and waiting a couple minutes. I then turned the car on and the message reappeared. Will wait to try it again when I leave work this afternoon. Is there a way to dismiss this message?

Last edited by bassplayer; May 27th, 2014 at 7:14 AM.
Old May 27th, 2014, 9:14 AM
CF Senior Member

I have not had the Service Rear Video System Error come on once since I posted this. I have a bunch of stuff that needs attention that I will be bringing to the dealer very soon. My wife said that over the weekend she go the message "Service FRONT Video System Error". I have not personally seen that one yet.
Old May 28th, 2014, 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured out the issue. The backup camera does not like water on it or around it. When I left work yesterday afternoon, the camera worked just fine. It was nice and dry. After I got home, I poured water down the back of the car like rain would drain off of it and sure enough when I put it in reverse, I received the same service message. I then toweled off the whole back end area and the message went away when I tried it again in reverse.

Last edited by bassplayer; May 28th, 2014 at 7:22 AM.
Old May 28th, 2014, 8:05 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by bassplayer
I figured out the issue. The backup camera does not like water on it or around it. When I left work yesterday afternoon, the camera worked just fine. It was nice and dry. After I got home, I poured water down the back of the car like rain would drain off of it and sure enough when I put it in reverse, I received the same service message. I then toweled off the whole back end area and the message went away when I tried it again in reverse.
Interesting. Mine was fine one day in a storm when it was covered in water droplets.

Are you sure yours is not loose or anything?
Old May 28th, 2014, 8:05 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Frank3
I have not had the Service Rear Video System Error come on once since I posted this. I have a bunch of stuff that needs attention that I will be bringing to the dealer very soon. My wife said that over the weekend she go the message "Service FRONT Video System Error". I have not personally seen that one yet.
Ack!
Old May 28th, 2014, 9:59 AM
CF Senior Member

sledge.imy, my thoughts exactly! I hope that water on the windshield won't cause the "Service FRONT Video System Error" as bassplayer has found a link to water and the rear video system error message. I HATE to see what snow and ice in the winter time will do for the front video system if that is the case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service Rear Video System Error -2014 Impala