Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Impala
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsVendors TSB & Recalls
Search
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2009, 09:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Should I change Trasmission Fluid

I have a 2007 Impala with about 56,000 miles on it. I have a job where I drive a ton on a daily basis. How often should I be changing my transmission fluid, and coolant?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:23 AM
CF Junior Member

if you have your manual it should state how often to change it in there. i think its like every 50,000.
2001 impala, 3.4, 1.0dhp pcm, fenderwell intake w/k&n filter, 2.5" downpipe-exhaust w/flowmaster 40, 17" helo slick rims, LED tail lights/front turn signals, multi color led LS cluster/ hvac controls, impala embroidered floormats, 20% tint, aftermarket moonroof, turn signal mirrors
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM
CF Junior Member
2007 Chevrolet Impala

I would say 50K but a lot of people will tell you not to ever change it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07SSport View Post
I would say 50K but a lot of people will tell you not to ever change it.
yeah, i've actually had a service tech from deale tell me that.
2001 impala, 3.4, 1.0dhp pcm, fenderwell intake w/k&n filter, 2.5" downpipe-exhaust w/flowmaster 40, 17" helo slick rims, LED tail lights/front turn signals, multi color led LS cluster/ hvac controls, impala embroidered floormats, 20% tint, aftermarket moonroof, turn signal mirrors
Old 10-03-2010, 06:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default Fluid swap

Changed mine at 50,000 also. Quick and easy insurance in my book. I believe all fluid wears out and needs to be changed. Oh, get the good gasket.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM
CF Veteran

If you keep a tight cooling system, the Dexcool should go 150 like they advertise. No problems with mine so far (my 2000 Malibu was a different matter, but she's in the graveyard now). The Transmission fluid is Dextron VI (synthetic) and might be pricey to change. Did mine when I bought car (for that good feeling you get with new stuff), but it looks and smells new at 70,000+. Unless you really dog it, it's an expensive investment. If you still want to do this, buy the good stuff and get an new filter with good gasket. And for gods sake, don't over tighten the pan bolts. Helpful? probably not, but my opinion anyway.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Tags
03, 07, 2001, 2007, 2008, 2009, change, changed, chevrolet, chevy, cost, fluid, flushed, impala, transmission