Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Solved ROTOR problems on 2009 Impala. Now have to solve the TRANSMISSION solenoid

Old September 12th, 2016, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved ROTOR problems on 2009 Impala. Now have to solve the TRANSMISSION solenoid

I bought a 2009 with 135,000 for my daughter. Wish I had not even seen the car. Numerous problems and the dealer wouldnt come out and tell me that there are thousands of complaints and service bulletins over them. Front brakes started to pulsate so badly that it wasnt drive able. Went to the dealer and they first wanted to cut the rotors. The pads were almost new. I had them measure the rotors and they had already been cut to almost throw away specs. Then I read the thousands of complaints where people had rotors replaced by the dealers and they still went bad. Chevy rotors from that time period are garbage. Thats all one can conclude. Not wanting to pay the dealer hundreds for new garbage GM rotors, I finally bought Powerstop slotted machined rotors and their pads and put them on myself. Ive never done that before but it took about 20 minutes a side. Not a problem since and the car stops on a dime. So why are their thousands of complaints over this but GM is doing nothing?

So now the transmission. I found almost 2,000 cases of this transmission slamming into gear like a clutch type car. Its a solenoid problem I took it to the dealer who said they drove it and couldnt duplicate the problem. To be fair---it doesnt always do it. I asked if there were known problems. No one admitted that they MUST have GM records or service bulletins about this problem since its so common. Just like there is no way they couldnt know about the thousands of rotor complaints/problems. Have any of you had this transmission problem and had a dealer admit it and fix it? I bought an independent warranty (from which dealers make a lot of money) and the warranty company says they wont pay for something that is intermittent and the dealer must take the trans apart and prove a part is bad, thewn the warranty places sends an adjuster to agree or not. I could end up with a huge bill.

Search this Thread