Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

stumble at idle after highway driving

Search this Thread

Old April 9th, 2014, 7:32 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stumble at idle after highway driving

this is not quite a 100% event but i'd say it's regular. after a highway drive, i have a long lite i wait at. i find that after sitting there a bit, the car 'stumbles' ....rough idle. unsure what you call it. radio is on all the time so dont really hear it. just feel it. i dont look down quick enough to see what the tach is doing or else its not doing anything

just curious if you had this experience. would be almost impossible to diagnose as someone would need to take it out on long highway trip then come back and sit and who would do that lol. it sometimes happens at this one stop sign about 4 miles off the highway too. but it seems to be related to longer drives then idling at lite or long crowded stop sign.
Old April 9th, 2014, 9:26 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

considering the trip B resets you have, I wonder if your computer tables are being reset too. that's just a random thought for the morning. Maybe you'll start throwing p0010-0014 codes soon.
although my idle appears fine with p0010.