Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Impala
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Turn key and nothing happens.

I have a 2003 Impala.When I turn the key,dashboard lights and everything comes on but the engine doesn't turn. It may happen once a day or once a week or even several weeks. Battery checks good.
I am open to any suggestions.
Thanks for your help.

Please Help!
John B.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Before condeming any parts make sure your battery cables are tight & free of corrosion @ the starter & ground.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 PM
CF Beginner

Im having the same problem in my 2011. All the lights on the dash are lite and when i turn the key to start everything goes dead, no fuel pump, I can just hear some relays under the dash. This didnt happen over a period of time or give me any warning lights. I started the car and drove it in the morning started it up drove home went to use later that day and no start checked the battery and it read 9v. Replaced battery and still no start. Checked the started and its good, when key is turned to start no voltage to the solenoid wire. I'll tell you if I find out whats wrong.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyear1 View Post
Im having the same problem in my 2011. All the lights on the dash are lite and when i turn the key to start everything goes dead, no fuel pump, I can just hear some relays under the dash. This didnt happen over a period of time or give me any warning lights. I started the car and drove it in the morning started it up drove home went to use later that day and no start checked the battery and it read 9v. Replaced battery and still no start. Checked the started and its good, when key is turned to start no voltage to the solenoid wire. I'll tell you if I find out whats wrong.
tomyear1,

Is the vehicle cranking at all? This issue may be battery related (e.g. connection issue). This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to offer additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted. If you have additional questions, please feel free to PM me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM
CF Beginner

It may be your starter.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

No it wasent cranking, I had it towed to the chevy dealer as it still under warranty. The ECM was hit with a voltage spike, maybe lightning here in Florida. But the dealer was great and replaced it without charge. Now the car starts fine and seems to have more power.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
CF Beginner

It's probably an issue with your battery. When you try to start it, there's no noise at all?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM

Tags
car, chevy, code, dash, dead, free, fuel, happens, hear, impala, key, lights, passcode, pump, starter, turn