Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Update 2014 LTZ to Nav

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2014, 6:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update 2014 LTZ to Nav

Hey guys,

Is the a way to update the LTZ MyLink to Nav?

Seems like if OnStar is able to send me directions through GPS, that updating MyLink would be relatively "simple".

I think I remember seeing something about needing a new F Chip and a hard drive to store the maps on.

Thanks
Old April 11th, 2014, 1:30 PM
CF Beginner

Guessing after 150+ views there is no way...?
Old April 11th, 2014, 1:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VacTacks11
Guessing after 150+ views there is no way...?

Not sure I understand the original question fully.

The answer is probably no anyways.
Old April 11th, 2014, 2:45 PM
CF Junior Member

There is other hardware and software needed to upgrade to NAV, not very easy to do. Maps are not stored on a hard drive, they are stored on internal memory. GM does not want it to be upgrade-able or nobody would pay for the NAV Feature in the first place. It's a money maker.
Old April 11th, 2014, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blue-impala
There is other hardware and software needed to upgrade to NAV, not very easy to do. Maps are not stored on a hard drive, they are stored on internal memory. GM does not want it to be upgrade-able or nobody would pay for the NAV Feature in the first place. It's a money maker.
I agree. It just seems to me that if OnStar can send me GPS directions, and I have a Nav icon on my screen anyway, that there wouldn't be too much to do.

But I don't know much about these things, so I will have to assume that there really is no way.
Old April 11th, 2014, 4:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked up options and saw navigation is not standard on ltz. Now it makes sense.
Old April 16th, 2014, 9:18 AM
CF Beginner

I think it is worse than what I read here. There are two LTZ models for 2014. Nav is optional only for the 2LTZ. It is not optional for the 1LTZ. That is weird, IMHO. I guess I'll just have to hang on to my Garmin.
Thanks for confirming what Chev told me.
Old April 19th, 2014, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah the nav maps that come as an option are separate from the Sirius XM navigation option. You will need the RADIO that has navigation built in to be able to use it. you can buy it separately but its very expensive. You cannot just update the maps on the standard radio and have nav. once your XM turn by turn ends you won't have a nav icon anymore.
Old April 21st, 2014, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

This is what I was thinking. Is it available to be bought separately, and what would it cost? How easy would it be to do?
Old June 5th, 2014, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

I know a place that can upgrade the MyLink to Navigation. I have a 2014 Camaro and they were able to do it on mine with very little issues. Whats even more amazing is they provided me so much tech support it was absolutely wonderful. Their products are new and I have had zero issues with my MyLink with Navigation. www.gm-navigation.com

Quick Reply: Update 2014 LTZ to Nav