Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Update MyLink

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2014, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update MyLink

Just bought myself a 2014 Impala LTZ, and I'm looking to update (or to see if there are some updates to) the MyLink (not the Nav version) that came with the car.

Googling "update MyLink" shows a FAQ that says to log in (but it never says where), but when I log into my.chevrolet.com, I don't see a section for updating MyLink. I'm guessing my.gm.com is really the same as my.chevrolet.com

I found https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

I have no idea what it means, but it looks like something is available.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Update MyLink-clipboard01.jpg  

Last edited by VacTacks11; April 4th, 2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old April 4th, 2014, 11:24 AM
CF Junior Member

MyLink is not user update-able. Only the dealers can do the updates. There are many Updates available, but they are only for people with specific complaints. You have to take it to the dealer and have them check it against a database to see what is available. I do not think Mylink is going to be like Windows where general software releases with improvements or new functionality will be released. So far, the updates are aimed at dealing with specific problems on an individual basis.
Old April 4th, 2014, 1:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by blue-impala
MyLink is not user update-able. Only the dealers can do the updates. There are many Updates available, but they are only for people with specific complaints. You have to take it to the dealer and have them check it against a database to see what is available. I do not think Mylink is going to be like Windows where general software releases with improvements or new functionality will be released. So far, the updates are aimed at dealing with specific problems on an individual basis.
Unfortunate, but what I figured would be the answer.

Thank you