Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Vibration in my Impala 2009.

Old July 14th, 2016, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration in my Impala 2009.

I have a 2009 Chevy Impala SS. I have done all things I know to do to eliminate the violent vibrations I have in the car as it rides down the road.
I've heard different things online, stabilizers, sub frame damage, battery, among others. I don't know what to do. I love my car but it is riding very harsh. Anybody have any suggestions that don't break the bank. In on a regular budget. Thanks for any help. I'm lost.
Old July 16th, 2016, 9:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi robby52, welcome to the forum. with your vibration problem, to try and narrow things down a bit, is there anything you can do that will make the vibration worse or better? For example, is it worse or better when accelerating or going left or right? Does braking make it better/worse? if going down the road at a given speed, does momentarily putting it in neutral change things?
Old July 16th, 2016, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default I do have more information.

There are actually more things I can tell u. 1. The vibration is from 0 to whatever. It does feel worse when I turn left. And as I'm braking I don't feel it at all. It is a very smooth braking process. Thanks for any help u can give me. I really appreciate it. As I don't have enough money to just take it to the dealer and just say help me at any cost.
Old July 17th, 2016, 6:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

help us out here...does the vibration transmit into the steering wheel or body of the vehicle....your feeling it, so describe where
do a neutral run up test as previously posted. if the vibration is still present in neutral the engine and tcc are ruled out.
start by ruling out the tires. most ss have roasted tires as the owners love the power. the tires need to be inspected for irregular wear, broken belts and out of balance condition. bent rim is another possibility.

battery, stabilizers will not cause a vibration. the battery is not a moving part. the stabilizers have no impact on the suspension while driving straight.
Old July 17th, 2016, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Vibration

I think I have found the problem. What I believe is the problem anyway. I was driving and the vibration got worse so I pulled over to check my tire pressure. And I grabbed the tires as I was checking them individually, and the back two were very sturdy. No play in them at all. And when I grabbed the front two and tried to move them they both had play in them. While sitting still in park. Emergency brake on, so I'm inclined to think that's a wheel hub assembly. What do u think? I didn't think it could be that but it makes sense to me. That could cause vibration if it's moving while stopped in park right? Let me know if I'm wrong. Please, I really appreciate all the time people have taken out to help me. Before I make a move I wanna know what u think. Thanks in advance.
Old July 17th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

jack up each wheel and check for loose suspension parts tie rods, ball joints, loose/broken lug nuts

Search this Thread