Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Warning light "Engine hot AC off" HBD II code: p0128 "

Old March 24th, 2016, 5:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning light "Engine hot AC off" HBD II code: p0128 "

When plugged to HBD II a message claims that the thermostat is BELOW coolent temp... The warning light ONLY comes on when I want to use the heater. I've looked at threads where people get this code but I havent found anyone dealing with the issue only when using the heater. Could it still be a faulty ECM?
Old March 24th, 2016, 5:40 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry new to this forum but it is a 2011 Impala Lt
Old March 24th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Chevy11! I understand you're seeking advice from the members, but I just wanted to chime in to let you know we're available via private message if needed. As customer care agents on the forum, we generally work in tandem with our certified Chevrolet dealerships in an effort to resolve vehicle concerns. With this being said, if you're thinking you'd like to visit one to address this, please don't hesitate to reach out. We only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership to go this route.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 24th, 2016, 10:19 PM
CF Veteran

is the coolant full? if its full then the most likely cause would be the thermostat or possibly the coolant temp sensor. ECM is a possibility but I wouldn't jump to that unless you know for sure everything else is fine.

Search this Thread