Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

What Mods do you recommend...

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2009, 10:56 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Mods do you recommend...

..for my 2007 Impala SS? There is not much out there, if you ask me, and I have never really gotten too deep in to modding. I was taught how to maintain a car, but not so much how to make it go faster. So far I have the typical noob mods (CAI, mufflers swap, custom tune) but would like a little something extra.

Of course I could throw on a turbo or SC, but I am also on a budget.

Maybe any suggested improvements to the exhaust set up? Or something that would enhance my intake system? I dont think there are any headers out there and even if they were I doubt theyd be good for a Daily Driver (this engine runs pretty hot already).

So what do you guys think? Are there any "MUST DO" mods for my LS4 that im missing?
Old October 10th, 2009, 7:58 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start with a 6" lift kit, some 35's and a gear change. LOL
Oh yeah, it's a car.
Old October 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Ride of the Month
August 2009

Originally Posted by mudmaniac
I would start with a 6" lift kit, some 35's and a gear change. LOL
Oh yeah, it's a car.
No! Four link the rear or do a strait axle swap.

Deez
Old October 12th, 2009, 7:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Haha maybe a lift and some fat Baja's wouldnt look terrible on it. Photoshop anyone?
Old October 12th, 2009, 8:05 AM
Super Moderator
Ride of the Month
May 2009

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07SSport
Haha maybe a lift and some fat Baja's wouldnt look terrible on it. Photoshop anyone?
Brent can do that for you.
Old October 12th, 2009, 8:41 AM
Ride of the Month
August 2009

Just take a picture of either my old truck or mud's strait axle'd tahoe, drop your impala on top and you should be good!

Deez
Old October 12th, 2009, 12:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

If only I had the time. lol

I say if you want to do some real performance mods, you may want to start by going with a cooler stat, MSD or similar ignition, and slightly bigger cams.
Old October 12th, 2009, 1:55 PM
CF Junior Member

What does MSD ignition do?

I was looking into a CAM for the LS4 engine but the ratio was like 1.9 or something similar... Do you forsee any issues with using that for a daily driver that sees about 60 miles of driving a day? I dont know much about CAMS but I would think 1.9 is a pretty extreme ratio... but again Im a noob with this stuff.
Old November 29th, 2009, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

No u can dd a cammed car
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:15 AM
CF Active Member

You should go to ls1tech and look for the ls4 section within that forum. I have a friend with a monte carlo ss (LS4 engine) and we've done some mods to his car that still allowed him to keep his DOD (Active Fuel Management). If you decide to change your cam you will loose your DOD and loose your higher MPG rating that you achieve from this system. There is a company from Florida that can do a stage 2 porting on your intake and possibly on your heads (when we had his done the heads were ported and polished by hand). We installed roller rockers, upgraded valve springs, titanium retainers. He sent his exhaust manifolds to get ported and a ceramic coating. He and a few other people on the forum have joined together to make an exhaust shop make them some headers. We also installed a magnaflow cat-back exhaust with a cutout, HID's, springs on the rear, cold air intake, a shift kit, and an EBC brake upgrade (rotors and pads). Just look at his signature to see the full list of mods that are possible for the LS4. His signature is Aaron_Provost. There might be others, but the list contains what we have done so far.

Last edited by cam3439; January 15th, 2010 at 12:57 AM.

Quick Reply: What Mods do you recommend...