Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Chevrolet Forum Community > The Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The Lounge Go inside for off-topic discussions on cars, videos, racing, and everything else!

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Default DEFECTIVE INTAKE GASKET RECALL PETITION

I do not believe a class action lawsuit has been initiated in the United StatesYET pertaining the defective intake gaskets on g.m. vehicles. One has been initiated in Canada however. I personally own two problem vehicles. One I just started driving on Feb. 9th(2003 Venture bought at chevy dealer), and it has developed a nasty engine knock due to contaminated oil, due to the bad intake gasket, after owning it 10 days.The following link is to the recall petition that had been started, and will give you more insight on this problem(16k+ signatures, and problems listed). www.petitiononline.com/GMcnsmrs/petition.html . please sign it!!Odds are, they'll just let g.m. get away with it anyway, since they're "broke", and they think we're not!" Sorry, gm, but after 46 years of dedication... BYE! [:'(]
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Administrator
Ride of the Month
April 2009
2000 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

Send a message via ICQ to EvansBlue Send a message via AIM to EvansBlue
Default RE: DEFECTIVE INTAKE GASKET RECALL PETITION

I don't think anyone here will petition to take down GM... we are all chevy fans here.

<br>
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 PM

WOOT WOOT CHEVY!!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Let me get this straight some people are so hardcore about Chevy that they are willing to take it in the *** about defective intake gaskets. I don't care who is a chevy fan, we deserve to have good parts in our trucks. I would have no problem petitioning!!
+ couple of cars to crash in demo derbys
Old 02-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Administrator
Ride of the Month
April 2009
2000 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

Send a message via ICQ to EvansBlue Send a message via AIM to EvansBlue

Yes we deserve good parts for our trucks. Good parts is what they thought theygave us. The intake manifold gasket is made of high-density carbon composite and soft plastic. The problem with it is that the people who made the gaskets made it without putting the fibers in that holds it all together. Generally, about 1 in100 Vortec engines will have this problem, which is a buttload of engines if you think about the millions that are out there. Themaker of the gaskets also serves Motorcraft, Nissan (Altima and Maxima from 1999-2005), and Mazda (Miata, 626, and MX). So its not just Chevy thats experiencing the problem with them. Why sign a petition to sue Chevy when its not Chevy's fault?

<br>
Old 02-24-2008, 12:02 PM

Well put Brent!!! And my thought is, if it doesnt affect me, im not signing anything to take down a company that has provided my family with two good vehicles. Im a leader not a follower.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:13 PM

My mom has a 98 chev monte carlo 3.1L. Shes had her intake manifold gasket replaced THREE times within 50,000 miles of owning the vehicle. She still has the car after 10 yearswith about 52,000 miles and she said she wouldn't go to "imports" because of something like that. It is a machine, parts can wear, and I've heard its not necessarly the parts, its the correct torque specification whether the assembler torque the bolts in the correct sequence or if the material was installed correctly and it could be the speicification isn't quite tight and they require it tighter later. I myself at the age of 25 have owned 3 cars. A 01 saturn`sc2, a05 dodge stratus, a 03 grand amand now a chev 06 malibu. I can say the only vehicle I had problems with was my pontiac grand am and it didn't even have a manifold gasket problem, just mostly interior stuff that failed. I love my 06 malibu and theyres not way getting me away from this thing. Its way to nice and a great design. It is a sad fact about the situation but if you are cooperative to your dealership or service manager he can usually help you out.

Edward
Old 04-06-2008, 09:13 PM

Tags
1981, bad, chevy, equinox, express, gasket, gaskets, gm, intake, lawsuit, manifold, nissan, recall, replaced, truck