Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

odometer

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2011, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question odometer

I just got my tire change on my 04 malibu maxx when it was done and i drove away i noticed the my Odometer was in Miles not in Kilometers I'm from Canada not America and we don't drive in Miles per hour .
My question is how do I change my Odometer back to Kilometers, I read the car manual and it says nothing on how to change it back .

Any help would be great
Thx
Old May 22nd, 2011, 7:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the personalization section of the DIC?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 9:11 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff_bod
I just got my tire change on my 04 malibu maxx when it was done and i drove away i noticed the my Odometer was in Miles not in Kilometers I'm from Canada not America and we don't drive in Miles per hour .
My question is how do I change my Odometer back to Kilometers, I read the car manual and it says nothing on how to change it back .

Any help would be great
Thx
Jeff_bod,

You will need to press the button on your DIC until the word UNITS appears. When UNITS appears on the display, press the ENTER button to move between Metric or English. When you have made your choice, press the MENU button to record your selection. The initial setting from the factory is English. If you choose English, all information will be displayed in English units. For example, distance in miles and fuel economy in miles per gallon is displayed. If you choose metric, all information will be displayed in metric units. For example, distance in kilometers and fuel economy in liters per 100 kilometers is displayed. The unit measurement will also change the trip odometer, temperature and average fuel economy displays. This was taken out of your owner’s manual on page 3-48. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; May 23rd, 2011 at 9:16 AM.