Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

1999 Chevy Malibu 2.4Liter Transmission fluid check

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2010, 7:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Chevy Malibu 2.4Liter Transmission fluid check

How do I check the Transmission Fluid on my car I tried looking for the The Transmission and its not there just a red plug to fill up with Transmission Fluid, I wamt too check the Level of the Transmission Fluid.
Old April 17th, 2010, 6:17 PM
CF Junior Member

This is what the book said to do, and this is how I checked mine, you have to jack up the car get underneath it and there is a screw in the side of the transmission that you take out and they say if there is transmission fluid coming out then it is over full, and to let it drain until it stop, if not you add until there is. There is no dipstick to check with, only the screw. Mine is a 2000 with a 3.1 so it might be different, no the book covers 97 and up, and both size motors so it should be the same on your car.

Last edited by pmccrite; April 17th, 2010 at 6:27 PM.
Old April 19th, 2010, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by pmccrite
This is what the book said to do, and this is how I checked mine, you have to jack up the car get underneath it and there is a screw in the side of the transmission that you take out and they say if there is transmission fluid coming out then it is over full, and to let it drain until it stop, if not you add until there is. There is no dipstick to check with, only the screw. Mine is a 2000 with a 3.1 so it might be different, no the book covers 97 and up, and both size motors so it should be the same on your car.

Thanks for the advice I apreciate it.