Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2000 Malibu - help after intake manifold repair

Old December 18th, 2009, 3:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Malibu - help after intake manifold repair

Well, I decided to take the repair for the infamous manifold gasket issue with this car. Mostly it went pretty well, and I only ended up with 1 or 2 spare parts.

I am almost to the end, and despite my best efforts, I have about 5 things that I can't quite get plugged back in right. So, I wanted to see if others could help me out.

This first one is the plug with the purple on it. It comes out from the injector harness and under the throttle body. I can't figure out where to plug this in.

This second one is a wire and plug over by the power steering pump. I believe the wires run kind of under the manifold and power steering pump, and actually may come out of the block over there on the left hand side. I can't figure out where to plug this in.

This third pic, there are 3 vacuum plugs that I can't figure out where they go. Unfortunatly, on two of them, I broke the hard tubing and need to replace it, but I don't know where to carry it back to.

The next one is another vacuum plug. I thought originally that the white tube should plug into the valve coming off the plenum, but the rubber boot on the end of the white tube doesn't fit the valve there. So, yet again I am confused.

This last one is probably the most confusing, and probably the worst picture. It is another of the hard plastic vacuum assemblies. I am guessing this one is supposed to go down behind the engine, but sure can't find anything down in that mess to plug it into. In this pic here, I kind of have it pulled forward over the top of the engine, so the specific tube assembly is kind of hard to see.

So, I am pretty much stuck at this point. If anyone can help, even with just one of these, i would be most grateful. Thanks in advance.
Old December 18th, 2009, 4:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I can't help, but thanks for the pics. I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Old December 18th, 2009, 7:27 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

pretty sure that the 2 electrical connectors should plug into each other...not 100% on that though

On your last pic, I believe that the hose goes to the canister purge valve located on the bottom side of the coils.
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I think I got it all figured out. I do believe the two electrical connectors were suppsoed to go together. Some of the vacuum lines, I had wrong in the pics and after staring at the for a while, I kind of figured them out.

I think this wraps up my repair except for flushing the radiator. I didn't drain the radiator before diving into changing the manifold gasket, and that was a messy mistake. I couldn't get the little white radiator plug to turn for nothing. So, I have to figure that out but then should be ready to roll.