Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2014 Malibu - Windshield Wiper Issues

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2014, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Malibu - Windshield Wiper Issues

I'm new to the forum and am posting to see if anyone else is having the issues that my Mom's 2014 Malibu are having.

1. Windshield wipers would speed up randomly without any changes in vehicle speed or amount of rain hitting the windshield. She doesn't have automatic wipers (nothing mentions this in the manual nor is it listed as a feature).

2. Last evening while my Mom was driving with the windshield wipers on she hear a somewhat loud noise (loud enough for her to hear it over the radio). When she arrived at her destination she turned the car off and stayed there for aprox 5 hours. When she went to leave the windshield wipers would not move when turned on and the noise had disappeared.

3. Not wiper related but she has also had to have the chrome trim around the driver door replaced as it blew off one day while driving at highway speed. Oddly enough we've seen a handful of other 2014 Malibu's in the area with the same issue.