Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2001 malibu

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2014, 8:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 malibu

i have a 2001 malibu that is overheating.i pressure checked the cooling system. it held 15psi for about twenty minutes until i released it. check the thermstat.in boiling water didnt open so i replaced the thermstat.bled system worked ok but little heat . car sat until cold down drove again now it overheated shut off car let set for about 5minutes then it worked ok . the next day i started up and started to get hot so i bled the system again ,got alot of air after bled it cooled down and the temp gauge held in the middle but i wlli get hot sometimes then it will go cold then warm again. both radiator hoses hot the two going to the heater core one is hot the other is warm but not as hot . car has 194,000 miles it also seems like that when you run the car for about five minutes just starting to warm up and the open the cap at the reserve tank it has a lot of pressure? i dont think it would be the headgasket due too that it held pressure 15psi . seems like the system is getting air from somewhere. what can i check next? thanks for any input
Old September 28th, 2014, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Back Light Out

Does anyone elses back light only comes on when it want? Is this apart of the recall?