Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Malibu
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsVendors TSB & Recalls
Search
Welcome to Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 PM

Default 2002 Chevy Malibu stereo wiring harness?!

I've looked everyone and there is no vehicle-specific wiring harness.I've tried the retail store "GM 94 - Up" and "GM '00 - Up" and what not,even went to a car audio-specific shop, and I installed all of them,Nothing!I bought a radio for my car and the mounting kit, but I can't install it without the harness!I was going to wire the radio directly to the existing wires in the factory radio's slot,but the colors are different (i.e. orange instead of red, etc.)What can I do?!
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:36 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Unhappy yep

yea same problum 2002 malibu doing a sterio for a guy and i cant find the right hook up im thinking about half a role of tape and about 3 hrs just hooking wire to wire till ya get it thats what im doing tuesday
Old 08-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

That would be because a ton of the GM cars use the exact same stereo just different looking. Except pontiac because they used monsoon at one point.

I used the 94+ harness and had no issues. You're saying you tried to install it with the 00+ harness and it didn't work?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodo View Post
yea same problum 2002 malibu doing a sterio for a guy and i cant find the right hook up im thinking about half a role of tape and about 3 hrs just hooking wire to wire till ya get it thats what im doing tuesday
I highly recommend against it. You are cutting into your interior harness. If you mess it up and nothing works, then you're out of luck. It's a one piece interior harness. You cannot simply replace the part that you cut. The wires are not going to match up right. You may have several that are not used that should be.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Did you try Crutchfield
2002 Malibu
Old 04-04-2014, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Okay so having the same problem now i have installed 5 other aftermarket stereos in my cars and figured this to be the same but i did do this in extreme haste! my factory busted and the grinding noise it was producing WAS INSANITY!!! so here how it went...
like normal cut off the factory harness grabbed a 9v and found my speakers...
then proceeded to hook up to the car NOW... every thing i have looked at SAYS that there should be a second yellow wire to hook up the 12v accessory BUT i now find out after some research that there isn't a 12v accessory even though it says online in many place that the 02 Malibu has an 12v accessory that is yellow so.... What do I do now... do i try to repin the old harness and buy an adapter or is there a work around.... plz if you have a good answer speak to me like im dumb and plz be descriptive because my mental state with this car is wearing very thin lmao
Old 04-04-2014, 10:07 PM

Tags
2002, audio, car, carlo, chevy, guide, harness, installation, malibu, monte, radio, stereo, wire, wiring, working