Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2003 malibu power problem

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2012, 9:12 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 malibu power problem

Changed fuel pump and pressure regulator and still have problems. The security system has been stupid since I got the car. It will start and idle. Turn the car off it won't start again. My dad had me pull the key cylinder and look at the switch. We decided to replace the cylinder but haven't done so yet. I put the old cylinder back in and attempted to do the 10 minute passcode.
At first, I had dash board lights, but after putting the cylinder back in I have none. The only light on was the engine light and it was dim and blinking and all of the gauge needles were going up and down. There was a clicking sound under the hood in the fuse box. I decided to remove the cylinder again in case I replaced it wrong, even though there is only one way to put it in, and now there are no lights clicks or buzzes. There is no power to the car at all. It has a fairly new battery and the charger I put on it says it is at 100%.
My dad wants me to bring it to him, but I have no way of doing so. We are just working on it one thing at a time until something works. Any suggestions on what to try next would really help.
Old September 9th, 2012, 9:13 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, the engine sounds great once it is started.