Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2004 Malibu Classic automatic door lock problem

Old October 6th, 2009, 10:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Malibu Classic automatic door lock problem

Reently the door locks on my Malibu stopped working. Usually when I stop the car, put it in PARK, and turn off the ignition, all door locks lock shut. Now none of them lock shut. Likewise, when I used to take off, all doors locked shut automatically. Now they do not. My remote control still works to both lock and unlock all doors.
And I can lock or unlock them manually. I went to Autozone and tried the three circuit breakers for the door locks. Nothing changed. Do you know what is wrong and what I can do about it?

Last edited by voltron; October 6th, 2009 at 10:48 AM. Reason: misspelld a word
Old November 10th, 2009, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Many Electrical Problems!

Same thing started happening to me! When i used to park my car and turn off the ignition, my doors used to automatically unlock, but now they dont. Other electrical problems i've started noticing include my turn signals cutting out in the middle of being on/ not turning on altogether even though the bulbs arent burnt out. And, the beeping noise that you usually hear when setting radio pre-sets started happening randomly one day when my car was in Park. Did you ever find out the reason for your problem?