Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2005 Malibu Classic electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2009, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Malibu Classic electrical problems

I have searched forum after forum and have to come to the conclusion that no matter what year, if it is a Malibu, there is an issue with the anti-theft system, the radio, fuel gauges, AC temp, door locks and more.
The car starts when it wants to, gauges and all those items I listed come on and off intermittently.
Seems like everyone has tried a multitude of things to diagnose the REAL problem but nobody has been able to narrow it down. I have a new battery, ignition switch, bypassed to Passlock system, etc. etc. It still decides not to start and the radio and gauges turn off and then mysteriously on when it does start. I am so ready to just get a new car. It is frustrating because the engine is fine. If it wasn't for this rogue loose wire or open circuit or whatever technical term for what is happening, I would be fine. I just don't feel like spending thousands, from looking at all these posts, only to find out it won't be fixed. HELP!!!