Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2006 Malibu LT Radio and Theft System Issues

Old March 17th, 2015, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Malibu LT Radio and Theft System Issues

Recently, i have come upon a few issues that i think could all be related, but unsure.

First, the locking mechanism on the driver side door gets stuck. I have to manually pull the door handle out and roll the mechanism up, otherwise the door will not secure closed and just slams. I noticed that the dome lights will not engage unless that mechanism is in the free/unlock position.

I also noticed that my radio will not shut off when the driver side door is opened. I am concerned that it will drain my battery...Any possible fixes?

Another issue is that my theft system will no longer engage when I click the lock button on door panel. Normally, with one click it will ding and auto lock after about 30 seconds, two clicks will engage the theft system lock the doors automatically. Now, the doors just lock automatically on one push and the theft system light will not blink on the dash. It will sometimes work on the passenger side door, but not always. The driver side door lock also has to be manually pushed down as it will not go down with the auto door locks.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated!