Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2011 Malibu Base - Dashboard/Radio Spazz Car is CRAP!

Old April 29th, 2013, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Malibu Base - Dashboard/Radio Spazz Car is CRAP!

Bought a Malibu in June of 2011, with 12 miles on it..so far... in this order s**t starts... pieces of crap plastic from interior of dashboard start to come apart... only few months after purchase...then the shaking and wobbling begin.. like riding on a Wooden coaster after about a Year of purchase... now, mind you it's not June yet so car is NOT EVEN 2 yrs old with 44000 (only 4000) over bumper to bumper bulls**t warranty....for about 2 months now it's spazzing...the dashboard display... radio... windows...you roll window up radio switches to aux...skip a song on cd it's switching to radio.. close the glove box door and it turns the hell off... WTF??? my oil display went from 60% to 95% WITHOUT an oil change... again... WTF??..I take car to dealer dealer want $ 500 for new radio...no no no...ARE YOU SERIOUS??? do I look stupid to you... is it because I'm a 26 yr old female?... well Chevy and GMC you will not help me.. so I'm going to run my mouth not just here but everywhere... I work hard everyday to pay for this piece of crap and (the gas millage sucks btw) you think this is fair... it's a VEHICLE not a damn cell phone... it cannot work whenever it feels so... I don't pay for that bs...and do not give me the bs warranty crap...tell me when millage has EVER affected the performance of the radio... crap... load of bs...its clearly an electrical problem any idiot can figure that out... the bottom line my loan is for 5 Years... I've paid Less than 2 Years and this is what i get? why the hell would I want to pay another three Years of my hard earned money for this? much less be a returning customer?...

Last edited by ashleystar; April 29th, 2013 at 7:26 PM.
Old April 30th, 2013, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Wow. Sounds like you've had some really bad luck with your Bu. You would be 8,000 miles over your bumper to bumper if you have 44k miles on but that's besides the point. I would go get a second opinion on it. And maybe some correct punctuation would help people read this garbled up mess.
Old May 1st, 2013, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

I do not need a grammar coach thank you, it's called being pissed at a company that sold me a 22,000 dollar POS. A company I trusted to provide quality. If you were smart enough to read it then then why comment on my punctuation, that is irrelevant. Oh...maybe not? If you cannot help or do not work for GMC move on, I have nothing further to discuss with you.
Old May 1st, 2013, 8:11 AM
CF Beginner

I said go get a second opinion. I understand you are upset. I would be beyond pissed. However, when you post something on a public forum like this it is just common courtesy to keep it in a format that is a little easier to read. But I would really just go get a second opinion. Especially on a big problem like this that is more than likely going to be pretty expensive.