Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2014 Malibu Auto Stop

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2014, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 Malibu Auto Stop

So, I just bought my first Chevy!! Yay! I traded in my old Explorer to the 2014 Malibu with Auto Stop (kinda like a Hybrid) in order to save on gas. Basically, with the Auto Stop, the car is supposed to "turn off" when you come to a stop.

When I first bought the car, it never turned off, so I took it back to the dealer for them to fix and they replaced the brake sensor. Since then, it turns off, but now I'm afraid it's turning off when it's not supposed to...

There are two settings to the A/C... an ECO setting (that is supposed to blow lightly while at a stop) and a COMFORT setting (that according to the owners manual "the car knows your priority is comfort"), while it does not go out and say it WONT turn off, I am not comfortable! When the car turns off (both in ECO and Comfort settings), the A/C blows very lightly, almost warm air. It is summer now and I have a baby in the backseat, so my A/C turning off each time I come to a stop won't work for me.

In the owners manual it says you can turn the AUTO button on for AUTO settings (I assume to override the Auto Stop from working)...however, my car does not have an AUTO button as shown in the manual.

So, my question is, does anyone else have the new models of Malibu with the Auto Stop?? And if so, is yours turning your A/C off?

Thank you for any answers!!
Old June 8th, 2014, 1:14 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello jrkuhler,

Congratulations on owning your very first Chevrolet vehicle!

I am sorry that you are experiencing an issue with Auto Stop on your vehicle after visiting your local dealership for this exact concern. Please contact us via private message if you have any lingering concerns. We would be happy to look into this concern for you.

Jennifer T. (Assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 9th, 2014, 1:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

to my understanding, if the a/c compressor is requested on, the vehicle won't shouldn't auto stop. have it checked out.

Last edited by tech2; June 9th, 2014 at 1:13 AM.
Old June 9th, 2014, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you, I just sent a message!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello jrkuhler,

Congratulations on owning your very first Chevrolet vehicle!

I am sorry that you are experiencing an issue with Auto Stop on your vehicle after visiting your local dealership for this exact concern. Please contact us via private message if you have any lingering concerns. We would be happy to look into this concern for you.

Jennifer T. (Assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by jrkuhler; June 9th, 2014 at 9:38 PM.
Old June 9th, 2014, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

Hello, thank you for reply! I have asked to have it checked out but I think the dealership is trying to screw me and thinks I'm crazy (like they did when I told them it never went into Auto Stop in the first place)! LOL I plan on test driving another Malibu to compare it to mine...

Originally Posted by tech2
to my understanding, if the a/c compressor is requested on, the vehicle won't shouldn't auto stop. have it checked out.
Old June 9th, 2014, 9:46 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi jrkuhler,

We look forward to assisting you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by jrkuhler
Thank you, I just sent a message!

Thanks!
Old April 6th, 2022, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner