Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2016 Malibu radio issue.

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2017, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Malibu radio issue.

Hello everyone, I purchased a malibu in November and love the car. Everything was fine until about a month ago when my radio stopped working and just shut off. All of my sounds in the car do not work either like my turn signals and any other sound that may come from the car. I tried calling chevy and doing a radio reset but had no luck so I brought it to my dealership and they determined that my radio was defective and I need a new one. They estimated that it would take 1-2 weeks for the radio to come in. Well I waited and waited and still had not heard anything and so I called chevy and they informed me that the radio is on back order and they do not know when it will become available. So here I am with a brand new car paying monthly for it and I can't listen to the radio or hear my turn signals. I'm just very frustrated and just wanna know if anyone has had a similar issue like this before with GM. I m very dissapointed with chevy at the moment. Thanks in advance.

-Phil
Old February 21st, 2017, 10:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil Somma
Hello everyone, I purchased a malibu in November and love the car. Everything was fine until about a month ago when my radio stopped working and just shut off. All of my sounds in the car do not work either like my turn signals and any other sound that may come from the car. I tried calling chevy and doing a radio reset but had no luck so I brought it to my dealership and they determined that my radio was defective and I need a new one. They estimated that it would take 1-2 weeks for the radio to come in. Well I waited and waited and still had not heard anything and so I called chevy and they informed me that the radio is on back order and they do not know when it will become available. So here I am with a brand new car paying monthly for it and I can't listen to the radio or hear my turn signals. I'm just very frustrated and just wanna know if anyone has had a similar issue like this before with GM. I m very dissapointed with chevy at the moment. Thanks in advance.

-Phil
Hello Phil,

We regret to hear that you are disappointed! Our team was able to locate your open case, and see that your case agent is actively looking into this matter for you. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you have any questions about your case. Our team is always glad to assist.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 21st, 2017, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello Phil,

We regret to hear that you are disappointed! Our team was able to locate your open case, and see that your case agent is actively looking into this matter for you. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you have any questions about your case. Our team is always glad to assist.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

if if you could tell me why my radio is on back order even tho chevy uses the same radio for the 2017 Malibu. Also why does gm think it is okay to make a customer wait for a new radio in their car after only having it for two months? How is it possible that there is not a radio anywhere in the country for my car?
Old March 1st, 2017, 9:02 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil Somma
if if you could tell me why my radio is on back order even tho chevy uses the same radio for the 2017 Malibu. Also why does gm think it is okay to make a customer wait for a new radio in their car after only having it for two months? How is it possible that there is not a radio anywhere in the country for my car?
We can certainly understand your feelings of frustrations with this matter, Phil, and apologize for any added displeasure. If you would like to further discuss your case, we are directly available by private message. We encourage you to send us a message at your earliest convenience.

Helen
Chevrolet Customer Care