Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Malibu
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default 3.1 chevy malibu front motor mount removal

Need help in removing the front upper motor mount on a 3.1 it is in the way of the last bolt i need to remove to pull the front head, i removed two bolts but it still is solid, where is the location of the bolts? how many? i've pulled two... please help! enclosed is pic of stupid bracket....http://twitpic.com/8vi5wgNew Multimedia Message on Twitpic
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!

Last edited by Jake van Meter; 03-12-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome to the forum. It does look like 3.1L but probably not in a Malibu. If it's what I think it is, you'll need to remove the A/C compressor first to unbolt the bottom of the bracket.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

thanx for reply, no motor is not original, it was replaced with a beretta? or corsica?3.1. The car has never ran right since i purchased it, always seems to misfire, troble code came back misfire cylinder three, i drove the car four years like that, recently the coolant started disappearing with no external leakage. i decided to replace the head gaskets, the problem i have now is the two remaining bolts on the down pipe going to cc, i belive i striped one going to try to tear that front bracket off today, and see if i can get front head apart n e way...
Old 03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

i was also wondering if i really need that bracket in the malibu, i'm thinking it is to prevent engine sway on the corsica or beretta, anyway there is nowhere to secure it to at all, i plan on just leaving it off,,,
Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
CF Veteran

So, you do have the original motor mount in front of the pulleys and not something juryrigged?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinST View Post
So, you do have the original motor mount in front of the pulleys and not something juryrigged?
Click the image to open in full size.
yup that is there were it should be, just pulled front head thanx to your advice,broke my oil dipstick though, dunno how to remove,,, cylinders look good at first glance, gasket looked horrible! lots of buildup on valves...a good thorough port polish, block cleaning is how i'll be spending the afternoon.try and tackle the rear tomor.New Multimedia Message on Twitpic New Multimedia Message on Twitpic =this prob why it overheated and blew head gasket...
Old 03-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Tags
31, block, bolts, chevy, cyclinder, engine, front, gm, head, malibu, motor, mount, removal, remove, transmission