Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

Battery dies overnight 06

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2012, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery dies overnight 06

i have an 06 maxx SS, that kills the battery overnight. Its a new battery, i checked the sitting parasitic amps, its in the 300 miliamps range. if i remove the fuses to find the cause it looks like the BCM is pulling the current. Where is the BCM located? I have nothing else in the car ie:aftermarket anything. Its done this before and went away for quite a while now its back. So where is it located. other than this , ive only had to replace the TPS on the intake.

Bob
Old September 24th, 2012, 8:23 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bobyell
i have an 06 maxx SS, that kills the battery overnight. Its a new battery, i checked the sitting parasitic amps, its in the 300 miliamps range. if i remove the fuses to find the cause it looks like the BCM is pulling the current. Where is the BCM located? I have nothing else in the car ie:aftermarket anything. Its done this before and went away for quite a while now its back. So where is it located. other than this , ive only had to replace the TPS on the intake.

Bob
300 ma is not much, I'd look further into either an addiditive load or battery (yea I know new battery).
Old September 25th, 2012, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its 250ma over spec.! manual says 20 to 50 mili-amps dead idle. after 10 minutes or less. its done this before. and went away. if i pull the fuse for the BCM it drops to almost zero.

so does anybody know where its located?