Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

What is your opinion from 2008 Malibu owners?

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2008, 1:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your opinion from 2008 Malibu owners?

I have a 2007 LT3 Tahoe and am looking to buy my Wife a small car. I read reviews from auto magazines but would like the forums imput. Ihave rented the car and it is very nice. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you
Old January 5th, 2009, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your opinion from 2008 Malibu owners?

I own a 2008 LT2, and have owned it since July. I bought my Malibu because my 2006 G6 was rear-ended and was written off by insurance. My G6 was the first car that I owned, prior to that my parents bought me a used 2000 Honda Civic for school, so I don't have too many cars to compare my new Malibu to.
My new Malibu is much more refined than the other cars that I have driven in the past. It is very quiet, and it performs admirably. I like how it is good on gas and is very good value for the money. I'll be honest, when I got my G6 written off, I had just paid it off and didn't have very much money saved. The Malibu with factory incentives was a very good buy!
I don't think you will be wow'd by anything available in the Malibu, it's styling is nice (something Chevrolet finally got right in my opinion, but styling is nice from other manufacturers too), it's performance is acceptable (my car has a 2.4l 4-cylinder, comparable to every other mid-size 4 cylinder car out there), and it's reliable (but so is every other new car). It's also a safe vehicle whether it be through the extensive list of safety features (ABS, airbags, traction control, Onstar, and Stabilitrak) and through safety reviews (5-stars for everything except for rollover where it got 4-stars).
So all in all, my opinion is the Malibu is either acceptable or above par compared to anything else on the market, what I think sets the Malibu apart from the others is the price! For the price it is a very good car, and I feel (for now anyway) that this car has the build quality for me to drive it till it dies in ~10 years as opposed to trading it in 4 or 5 years from now and taking a hit.