Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

HELP Reversed battery polls

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2015, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP Reversed battery polls

I have a 2006 Malibu Classic. I went to jump the car and hooked the jumper cables up backwards. there was a pop and puff of smoke before i realized what i had done and pulled the cables off. I had the battery tested and it tested good. put it back in the car and the car started fine and idled, but the radio was not working (will explain more farther down). I drove the car a few miles and as a braked i heard, what sounded like gallons of water, transfer forwards and the car died. i couldnt start it again even after jumping it. i assumed a battery cell had actually been cracked from hooking up the battery wrong and bought a new battery. the car started up fine. I drove it for two days then the car died again. no dash lights came on in this time. What could cause this? i blew the alternator?
Back to the radio. my radio does not turn on, nor my clock. My gas gauge is also not working. i checked the radio fuse and it was blown. i replaced the fuse and when i start the car the new one blows instantly. what could cause this?