Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

horrible winter driving

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2014, 8:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horrible winter driving

I have a Malibu ltz 3.6 I love my car I like the two- tone interior , the exterior and the performance but it's horrible in the snow and ice . I was wondering If anyone has the same issue or know anyone with the same issue . It slides everywhere when I drive and I always get stuck . I have good year eagle LS2 which I heard was bad tires could the tires be the problem ? could it be the Hydraulic power steering ? Or I is it the car itself ? I live in Michigan and it's been a horrible winter this year I'm Kind of thinking abut trading it in for a Cadillac cts 3.6 AWD but, I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it because I heard those cts 's aren't reliable but they are stunning . What do you guys think ? Is it worth trading the car in for a used cts ? Or is it the tires or the power steering ?
Old March 11th, 2014, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tires are the problem.. I had a 2006 LTS and currently have a 13 Malibu LT I also live in Michigan and have had no issues at all as long as im not trying to go through snow banks . My wife has Goodyear Assurance tires on her Cruze and has had no issue either. The goodyears you have are more of a sport tire. Hell I had Eagles on a 1987 Corvette.